Tuesday 9 November 2010

Celebrity Make-Up Artist Drove Into TV Producer After Foul-Mouthed Rant


A royal make-up artist-to-the-stars carried a terrified television producer on the bonnet of her car moments after hurling a torrent of foul-mouthed abuse at him for a scolding email, a court heard today.


Beauty expert Teresa Fairminer, 59, (pictured) who took care of the Duchess of Cornwall's hair and make-up for her wedding to Prince Charles and boasts of a string of celebrity clients "was absolutely possessed," the jury was told.


She has pleaded not guilty to driving her Mini Cooper dangerously in Chiswick High Road, Chiswick, West London on March 9 and causing criminal damage to t.v. boss Dominic Moran's £600 Prada spectacles.


He told Isleworth Crown Court Fairminer - whose clients include Catherine Zeta-Jones, Lilly Allen, Cherie Blair and Yasmin Le Bon - burst into his office after delivering a tirade of abuse in a phone call.


Mr. Moran, 51, (pictured) boss of Chiswick Life TV, had emailed Fairminer telling her he was "very disappointed" she pulled out of a make-up consultancy for his niece's wedding in return for two free programmes he made for her.


"I received a call from Teresa that staggered me, I got a tirade of abuse down the phone," he told the jury. "She said she was coming in to sort me out, her and her boyfriend.


"She stormed straight through reception and past my twelve employees. "It was like listening to a docker. Everything was F and C.


"It was unbelievable, I had never heard anything like it. She was so out of control.


"She grabbed my glasses off my face and refused to give them back, then threw them at a wall and broke them.


"She started pushing me and punching me. She was absolutely possessed, screaming and shouting.


"There was a crowd gathering and she shouted: 'How can you work for this fucking cunt?' and when I told her the police were coming she high-tailed it out calling me a fuckhead."


Mr. Moran tried to block Fairminer leaving the office car park and CCTV captured him being carried on the bonnet into Chiswick High Road.


"She looked out of control and I realised I was in a bad position," he told the court. "She just went for me and I realised: 'Oh my God she's not going to stop.'


"I was carried on the bonnet into the bus lane and thought I was going to go under one.


"It wasn't pleasant to be run over. She could have killed me.


"I did her a favour, but I regret it now. It's probably one of the worst decisions I've made in my life."


Police quizzed Fairminer, of Park Road, Chiswick a few weeks later and she admitted grabbing Mr. Moran's glasses, but insisted she dropped them gently on the carpeted floor.


"I childishly just wanted him to grovel down and pick them up," she told police, adding later: "The moral of this is don't stand in front of an angry woman in a car'."


Prosecutor Mr. Dominic Bush told the jury: "She was in a foul mood, shouting and screaming and calling him all the names under the sun. She was not listening, she was absolutely beside herself.


"It must have been obvious driving into the bus lane with a man gangling on her bonnet was dangerous."


Fairminer has also given expert beauty tips on shows including GMTV, This Morning, The Clothes Show and Style Challenge.


Trial continues..............

No comments: