Monday 11 April 2011

"Cocky" Big Brother Star Decks Dad In Boozy Attack


Big Brother bad boy Victor Ebuwa has been convicted of punching and kicking a dad in the face during a boozy late-night attack - leaving the victim scarred - after he was branded a "cocky loser" while posing for photos in a busy street.


The 30 year-old, (pic.top) of 21 Field Road, Forest Gate, East London, infamous for his role in BB5's 'Fight Night', stormed across the road and left his victim needing up to nine stitches, City of London Magistrates' Court heard.


Ebuwa denied, but was convicted, of assaulting 46 year-old Islington man Tony Tomlin (pic.bottom) of Central Street in The Minories, Aldgate, on October 15, last year and was fined £200, with £200 costs and ordered to pay a £15 victim surcharge and £100 compensation.


Ebuwa, who returned for last year's Ultimate Big Brother finale was posing for photos with fans outside the Abbey Bar just before midnight when Mr. Tomlin's son's girlfriend Sayeda Ali shouted: "You did not even win Big Brother. I don't know why you are being so cocky, you're a loser."


Ebuwa responded: "Shut up, you're fat," and confronted Mr Tomlin's son Nick, turning his attention to the victim when he tried to intervene.


"I don't watch Big Brother, but apparently someone who was on the show came across and put his head up against my son's," Mr. Tomlin told the court. "There was lot of shouting going on.


"I was kicked in the right side of the face and punched in the top lip and now I have a scar," said Mr. Tomlin. "The paramedics said I had to go to hospital to have seven to nine stitches, but I don't like needles and I refused.


"The wound took five to six weeks to heal up and I can still see a lump on the top of my lip. I remember a black shoe coming into my face. That's it."


Eye-witness Lauren Plester told the court: "He looked quite aggressive and stormed over to the group. He then hit the older man, punched him in the face, punched him to the floor and kicked him in the face.


"His friends were telling him: 'Leave it' and 'It's not worth it."


She confirmed hearing a girl from Mr. Tomlin's group shout: "Why are you being so cocky? You never won Big Brother. You're not a celebrity."


Miss Ali said: "I saw the defendant hit Tony and while he was on the floor kick him. I saw it connect. His mouth was bleeding."


A nearby PC, Jonathon Bish, told the court: "I saw a group of men pushing and shoving each other and suddenly saw an arm starting to swing.


"The shouting and flailing of arms continued and one of the white men fell to the ground.

"Whilst on the ground one of the black men kicked the white man in the face.


"I arrested him and he smelled strongly of intoxicating liquor. In my opinion he was drunk."


Insisting he only punched Mr. Tomlin in self-defence and made no contact with his kick Ebuwa said: "Completely by surprise a gentleman came out of my peripheral vision throwing a hail of punches. I was able to sidestep, to take evasive action.


"I threw one punch at him that connected once I realised this guy was not going to stop throwing punches at me. I had to defend myself. His son then attacked me and we were involved in a grappling match.


"I did swing a kick, but I did not want to hurt him and I tried to pull out of the kick and instead kicked the ground. One hundred per cent my foot did not connect with his head."


Hearing abuse levelled at him in public is something Ebuwa claims he has had to endure since appearing on Big Brother.


"On this occassion I began to hear heckling and insults thrown in my direction. They were swear words and quite vitriolic," he told the court.


"I did my best to ignore her. It is not the first time I have heard it and you get used to ignoring them.


"What I should have done is completely ignore it altogether and I should have tried to block out the insults."


He claimed Nick called him a: "fat, black cunt."


"Bringing it down to that level upset me deeply and we were squaring up, staring each other down in a show of bravado."


It is then, Ebuwa claimed, Mr. Tomlin attacked him.

No comments: