Tuesday 10 July 2012

"I Did Not Want Any Trouble" Claims Teen Accused Of Murder


A teenager, accused of murdering a partially-sighted car crash victim who was stabbed to death during a late-night row, has told a jury the knife belonged to the deceased, who was the aggressor.


Jordan Kelly-Flattery, 19, of West Close, Hitchin admits stabbing 36 year-old Stondon man Graham 'Snowy' Snowden (pic.bottom) at the house in Milestone Road in the early hours of January 8, but denies murder.


He told Croydon Crown Court a group, including the deceased and his drinking-pal Shane Howard, had gathered at the house.


"It was alright at first. We were all laughing and joking and listening to music," said Kelly-Flattery (pic.top).


"I saw Shane get out a wrap of white powder and the man he was with, Graham, got out a card and they both sniffed it.


"This man, Graham, then tried to stand up and it looked like he was going to fall over so I pushed him back down and said: 'Relax. You're going to fall over'.


"He tried to get up again and I pushed him down again and said: 'You're going to hurt yourself, you're drunk.'


"They both stunk of alcohol and were still drinking.


"He got up, wobbled a bit, and got in my face and said: 'I'm a big man, you can't push me down' and slapped me in the face.


"I was a bit shocked and in fear. I did not want any trouble," explained Jordan-Flattery.


"Shane walked out of the front door and I was pulled into the corridor by Graham. He put his hand out and twice said: 'Are we cool?'


"I put my hand on his hand and said: 'Yes' and as soon as I put my hand on his he punched me to the side of the face and to my stomach, which winded me and I fell to my knees.


"He tried to swing his foot towards me, like a kick, and was struggling to pull something out of his waistband.


"As he did it dropped to the floor and at that point I was scared for my life because I noticed it was kitchen knife.


"The man went for the knife, but I was trying to go for the knife as well because I had a feeling I was going to be stabbed.


"I managed to get my hand on the knife and he came and attacked me again and I pushed him.


"He swung a punch at me and I pushed him again and he fell against the bannister of the stairs.


"I looked at my hand and saw there was blood on it and realised what I had done," added the defendant. "I said: 'I've stabbed him'."


Trial continues………….

No comments: