Friday 13 July 2012

Robbers Worked On Story After Victim's Train Death Jury Told


Two alleged phone muggers, accused of chasing their terrified victim into the path of a 100mph express train, conspired in the back of a police van to concoct a convincing story, a jury has been told.


Dominic Morris, 19,of Leavesden Road, Watford and a 16 year-old Harrow youth have pleaded not guilty to the manslaughter of apprentice electrician Lewis Ghessen, 22, at Harrow & Wealdstone station on September 25, last year.


They also deny, at Isleworth Crown Court, to attempting to rob the Paddington man of an iPhone and Blackberry.


First the jury were given more details of Mr. Ghessen's (pictured) desperate final 999 call as he dashed along the platform and jumped onto the live tracks.


"I'm getting chased, I'm getting chased," he told the operator. "I'm being chased down the railway tracks. I'm at Harrow and Wealdstone, I'm fucked, I think they will fuck me up.


"I'm being chased by fucking mad guys. I don't want to lose my fucking life. I'm walking on the tracks so I don't get robbed.


"I told them on the bus I support Tottenham and they told me they supported Arsenal and said: 'We're going to fuck you up.'


"My God, there's a train coming. Oh my God, oh my God.


"I nearly got hit by a train, my mother's life.


"I don't want to get robbed, this is dangerous. They don't dare come on the tracks. I can hear them coming after me."


Mr. Ghessen was then fatally struck as he called a friend by a Virgin express train travelling from Euston to Preston, Lancashire.


Both defendants were identified on CCTV and arrested at their respective homes on October 11, with the youth asking police: "What evidence have you got on me?"


They refused to answer questions during interviews, but were recorded in the rear of a police van.


"They made a number of significant comments," said Prosecutor Mr. Julian Evans. "The prosecution say, in effect, they were talking about presenting an account denying they even went into the railway station.


"There were discussions about the man being drunk and that they heard him say he was going to commit suicide.


One recorded comment was: "We want to make sure the story is one hundred per cent perfect."


Trial continues………

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is not a true account of what happened and I am sure you will now print that both boys were found not guilty due to a complete lack of evidence.

I have seen no mention of the 7 prosecution witnesses who all said that the victim was not being chased and there was in fact no hostility seen outside or inside the station. There is also no mention that the defendents were not on the bus, this was the victims fight with different people. Many witness from the bus said that at no time did anybody fight with him. Please print the truth as it is revealed.

Anonymous said...

This is the most un true account of the incident iv heard so far I was in court Are we forgetting that lewis was on hard class A drugs also the 2 accused were not on the bus with lewis .. The train station has 6 platforms and 2 exits also dominic morris tried 3 times to get lewis off those tracks even approaching a off duty police officer as It was confirmed in court


There was no chase at all there is no footage showing any of the accused running into the station lewis was in the station on the tracks on his own for 20 mins before any of the accused made there was to the station

Get your facts right before you wright shitty little stories these men have been cleared of any wrong doing

Also the mother of lewis found in harrow weldstone hunting down dominic morris the day before the memorial of her sons death was completely out of order he was found not guilty now let the 19 year old get on with his life !

Anonymous said...

How dare you, if you we're in court then you would know for a fact that they are guilty as sin and just so you know we have witnesses who heard them say that they were going to rob him and we are taking this to private prosecution. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. see you in court.

Anonymous said...

HE WAS CHASED! I saw it with my own very eyes, they chased him all the way from the highstreet into the station!
The accused are guilty and I have no idea why they have not been charged as it has to be on the cctv footage from the shop on the high street THAT WE were in and at the station. How have they been found not guilty? I do not understand :/