Tuesday 11 September 2012

Teen Jailed For Horror Metal Comb Killing



A teenage girl has been caged for a minimum of ten years for the horrific hate-filled murder of another youngster she stabbed in the head with a metal comb.
Julie Sheriff, 16, (pic.top) was confronted by Rebecca Douglas, 16, (pic. mid.) in a busy South-West London street and attacked with the metal end of a pintail comb (pic.bottom).
Douglas was convicted by an Old Bailey jury of murdering Hackney schoolgirl Julie who she stabbed in Falcon Road, Battersea on May 7,last year and was sentenced to life imprisonment.
The victim – whose Sierra Leone family sent her to the UK for a better life - sadly died in hospital over four months later on September 21 of head injuries and associated complications.
Douglas had built-up a hatred of Julie and even threatened to smother her in her hospital bed as she fought for her life.
During the police investigation voice notes were downloaded from her mobile phone and later used as evidence in court.
In one of the recordings she is heard saying: “Seen some girls that I hate with a passion and I stabbed her. She knows my name - I'm going to go to the hospital and suffocate her.”


Detective Chief Inspector Nick Scola of the Homicide and Serious Crime Command, said: “The violent actions of Rebecca Douglas, just 15 years at the time, has devastated a family and taken a young life.
“Our thoughts remain with Julie's family at this difficult time.”

Julie’s step-mother, Isatu Kamara said: “Since my daughter Fatu Julie Kader Sheriff passed away, my life is not the same as it used to be, especially when I think about how Julie was before her death.
My younger daughter, Favour, still asks where her sister Faty (as she called her) is and this still makes me break down and cry.


I am left to wonder why I brought my daughter to the UK. I almost feel that it was me who stabbed her, as I was the one who brought her here and if I hadn’t she would still be alive.

The result of seeing my beautiful, bubbly, brilliant daughter, bedridden and in a vegetative state has left me extremely depressed.
This was made worse when we were unable to view Julie’s body at the funeral due to the delays caused by the manner of her death.
Culturally and emotionally I and the family and friends needed to see Julie one last time.


This has caused Julie’s mother, who still lives in Sierra Leone, terrible problems, which have stopped her being able to deal with Julie’s death.
She was not allowed to leave the country to attend the funeral and she too wonders at the wisdom of Julie coming here for a better life.
We both cared and loved our daughter and hoped she would make us proud parents.
This was the child we bore and hoped would be a great person.


I am emotionally, physically and psychologically traumatised by the whole incident.
I have aches and pains and suffer sleeplessness, which leaves it difficult for me to concentrate.
Things that used to give me pleasure and interested me now leave me feeling guilty.
I have lost my self confidence, I am constantly tired and I have been left permanently sad with suicidal thoughts when I think of my daughter’s death. 


I hope the justice body presiding over my daughter’s case can understand the pain caused to Julie's mother who was unable to attend the funeral and attend the court.


The attack on my daughter was a wicked, savage and senseless attack, which not only took my daughters life, but deprived me and my entire family and this, will always hurt me. 


I would like to thank all those who have supported me in many diverse ways.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why is the minimum only ten years? Surely 20 would be more appropriate.