Tuesday 24 September 2013

Angry Ex Punches Former Girlfriend's New Squeeze For Smooching On Dancefloor


A jealous former-jailbird punched a love-rival, who was dancing with his ex-girlfriend, to the floor of a packed nightclub and spoiled for a fight when chased on to the fire escape.

Steel erector Kurt Tarbuck, 27, of Honeybourne, Belgrave, Tamworth, Staffordshire had travelled down to London for the We Are FSTVL and bumped into his ex at the landmark club the following evening.


He was convicted at Croydon Magistrates' Court yesterday of assaulting Federico Paiato at the Ministry of Sound, Elephant and Castle, on May 27.


Tarbuck had recently been released from a twelve-month prison sentence imposed on October, last year for smuggling three taser-like stun guns into Heathrow Airport from Bangkok.


He was fined £150, with £300 costs, ordered to pay Mr. Paiato £125 compensation and a £20 victim surcharge.


The court heard Tarbuck (pictured) approached his ex of one week, Kelly Wood, just after 11pm as she danced with and kissed Mr. Paiato.


He was seen to suddenly punch the victim once to the right side of his face, knocking him to the floor, and as Tarbuck was pursued from the club a member of staff said he continued to be aggressive on the fire escape.


Tarbuck denied the charge and told the court: “I had come down for a festival the day before in Upminster and was at the club with a friend and on soft drinks.”


Tarbuck claimed he had been dating Miss Wood for nine months, but ended their relationship a week earlier, and only approached her because he had heard she was upset about the break-up.


“As I approached to clear the air they started kissing and I was pretty disappointed that she would do it in front of me. It was not an appropriate time.


“I asked her why she would do that in front of me and she looked a bit bewildered.


“He interrupted and told me to: 'fuck off' and I told him it had nothing to do with him and he stepped towards me in an aggressive manner.


“He was leaning forward as if he was about to hit me and I hit him first. He had his arms out, fists clenched, it was menacing.


“He was almost in my face and that is when I threw the punch and he fell to the floor.


“He got up and looked angry and chased me. I went for the fire exit.”


Tarbuck denied a prosecution suggestion that he was in a “jealous rage” or that he had been staring at his ex for forty-five minutes as she danced with the victim.


However, a staff member confirmed Tarbuck was the aggressor and the punch came “out of the blue” without any provocation.

No comments: