Wednesday 23 April 2014

Tory PR Man Says He Acted In Self-Defence

Public relations spin doctor Adrian Yalland, 44, has released a statement following the Crown Prosecution Service decision not to charge him.

He was arrested on February 20 after an incident outside the home of Fathers 4 Justice founder Matt O'Connor, 46, in Stockbridge, Hampshire.


Mr. Yalland, of Maritime Avenue, Marchwood, Southampton claims he was lawfully serving legal papers at the address.


The O’Connors have made a number of allegations which deliberately distort accepted facts, and in some cases are pure invention.  


"I was outside their house at all times, and delivering a Letter Before Claim which Mrs O’Connor was refusing to accept via email. 


"The claim I broke into their home and photographed their son is a total fabrication, which I invite anyone to verify by calling Andover CID. 


"I allege Mrs O’Connor sought to use deception to avoid legitimate service of my Letter Before Claim, and have given evidence to support this clam to the Police. 


"I was therefore at her house, alone, under legal advice, staying  outside the home at all times. 


"I took no pictures of their son – as the police can confirm. 


"However, I was assaulted, and acted proportionately, and in self defence, after two attempts were made to steal my phone, and after I was pushed over, punched, held down, and a possible attempt was made to strangle me. 


"That is why the police have confirmed there will be no charges against me"

No comments: